Friday, March 8, 2013
Luke is One!!!
Okay One year really did fly by. I cannot believe all that has happened and that my baby is now supposed to be a toddler. I say supposed to be, because he really doesn't seem like one yet. He is not walking or talking, which I guess in my book makes a baby a toddler. Plus Luke is loves to cuddle and be held so much, I really forget how old he is. This kid wakes up from his naps and wants to just love me for like 10-15 minutes, it is awesome! He is also constantly throughout the day giving really great hugs and kisses. These are really random and it is so cute! He does it all on his own. He is now blowing kisses on his own too! He does it to say "night, night" and "goodbye". He gave his friend Jane a kiss for the first time, once again all on his own, so I couldn't catch it on camera. It was so cute. Luke is getting scared to grow up or something, he does not want to walk. He loves to crawl though, and he has the real knee crawling down real well, he is fast! He is getting so tall too, his reach is anyway... he can reach everything. He is certainly getting to be a bit mischievous. He is still pretty well behaved and listens to "NO NO" pretty good. Luke started to sleep through the entire night again!! I think we are finally in a good habit. He sleeps really well, and still takes two great naps! This month we went indoor swimming for the first time. Luke did great. He held onto me most of the time, but he really enjoyed it. I think Luke is starting to be afraid when we leave him...so all the more reason to do it more, right? Keven and I went on two dates in February..that is a record for us!
Something different and really funny is, Luke loves to smell things! Well I am not sure he actually smells, he just holds things to his nose and sniffs loudly. He does it to socks and shoes and clean laundry. He also likes to stick his tongue out. One day he found a picture of Grandma Honsvick sticking out her tongue, and he looked up at me and had his tongue out... I didn't understand why he kept doing it, until I saw the picture he was looking at. Too funny! Luke makes me laugh a lot, when I laugh he grins and laughs out loud too. :) Oh we love this boy! Lukes favorite toys are cars! Oh he loves to drive his cars all over the house. He crawls and pushes them, it is quite a talent.
Luke is our special boy with a very special birthday Feb.29th...That means his BIRTH day was not on the calendar this year, but we wanted to celebrate him being ONE, so we threw him a big Sesame Street Party. It was a lot of work but I was very happy with how it turned out. We had to invite friends, because unfortunatly none of our families are rich enough to fly out for a party :( But it was so wonderful to have some of our close friends over to celebrate Luke! HE loved his party. I thought a house full of people might make him nervous, but after a little bit he was being crazy like all the other kids. Luke's friends got him some really great gifts, so he was extra spoiled. He loved each and every one of his presents. He wasn't into unwrapping them this time though, because he was too busy playing with everything! Here are some pictures from the party.... Luke's One Year photos will be taken hopefully this week.
Warning: there are a lot of pictures... this is due to the fact that we have grandmas that missed this special day and want to see every bit of it!



































Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amy those veggie platters are amazing! I just love them. You are so creative! Happy birthday to your hansom little man, what a cutie!
ReplyDelete