Friday, March 8, 2013

December 2012

December started out busy with lots of things needing to get done before Luke and I took a trek alone to Utah. Daddy still had a week of finals before he would be following us. One of the things that had to be done, was Luke needed another haircut, but this time it he needed his whole head of hair cut...meaning I did not trust myself. So look got his first professional haircut from our great neighbor. It turned out soo cute!
The flight to Utah was not bad. We had a one way flight this time and Luke was awesome! He loves seeing new things and new people. So it was exciting. The first day home he was his happy self. After a night in a strange bed, and waking up not at home and without his daddy, Luke was not as happy. He became very clingy and would not let me leave his sight. He also would not sleep in the crib all night. So yeah until daddy came, Luke was pretty confused. Once daddy got to Utah Luke all of a sudden got his first tooth :) That may explain some grumpiness and sleeplessness (is that a word?) Anyway it took Luke almost the whole month to really get comfortable living in a new place with so many new people each day. We had a lot of fun though, and loved spending time with our friends and family. One disappointing thing was Luke really did not take well to his cousin Noah (only 6 weeks younger than Luke). This is probably due to completely different personalities. Luke is very passive and Noah was Very active. Noah liked to pull Lukes hair and naughty things like that. So by the end Luke would cry if I even sat him down on the same floor with Noah. I was hoping these two would have played better together, in time I guess. Luke also was not fond of Mommy holding any other baby. We realized really quickly the jealous boy he is. So I had to hold my brand new neice and nephew when Luke was sleeping. Christmas was great! Luke was exhausted the entire day, but he did really well. We all got up when Luke woke up at 5am. He was really confused on why I was not trying to put him back to sleep. He loved opening presents. His favorite gift though was his new binkies! He sat and played with them for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment