Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School!

So today was the beginning of the Nursing program. I went in thinking no big deal, this is going to be great. Orientation the first day, no problem, I will get my questions answered and then I will have the rest of the day to do laundry, clean my house, make dinner, etc. YEAH RIGHT!!! I now have more questions then ever, I think I have an assignment do tomorrow, I found out I have some books that aren't right, I still needed to buy more things, and I was overwhelmed with homework and questions/concerns. So we were supposed to be done with orientation by 11am, we really got to leave at 12:30pm. Then to top off my afternoon I got lost in Ogden trying to find Kinkos in order to buy a requirement, I then thought I'd be smarter if I found the freeway instead of going back to US 89. BAD move, I got even more lost, finally found US 89 and drove home with a tear streaked face. Now if I were smart I would have went home ate some lunch, taken a pain pill for my headache and laid down. But oh no, Amy is not very bright, instead I sat down at the computer and immediately tried to figure out what I was supposed to be doing. I tried to get assignments done, etc. This only made my head ache all the more, and my stomach get even angrier at me. Finally I hit a breaking point, I grabbed 800 mg of asprin, a string cheese and laid down on my pillow. That is where Keven found me ten minutes later.... Keven does wonders for me! He reminded me how silly I am, made me dinner, and let me talk out my frustrations. After all that, I sat down again at the computer and almost finished a two page paper.
I stopped my paper when we got a light knock on the door. It was one of the little boys from my nursery with a plate of cookies. Exactly what I needed, then Keven grabbed the camera and said, "Pictures of the first day of school" So that reminded me that I could blog, and I needed to.
So my day, didn't go as planned but that is okay, what day ever does go exactly like you think it will, right? Tomorrow is another day... Another early morning, but hey another day!!!

Here is my sad face! It wasn't the best day ever, I have to be honest


Here is my new badge and lab bag!



My mountain of books!! Can you believe I still have two more to buy???

5 comments:

  1. Okay, I know I am nerdy, but this post totally made me cry. What a cute little nursery boy. Even 3 year olds can answer our prayers sometimes. Isn't Heavenly Father amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am TOTALLY with Kathryn on this one! I almost cried when you said you cried when you were lost! That is one of the scariest feelings! Hang in there Ames! It will get better! I will get an update on my blog for you! It might not be til tomorrow though, because I'm going to the LDS sorority thing tonight, so I'll blog and tell you how it goes! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww..I love your sad face...it's so cute! I'm also your sister so I know how you are...you get very stressed over things...so just take a DEEP breath and let it out...you are going to do awesome! Also, here's my other blog: http://secondtimearound09.blogspot.com...I'm going to be starting a giveaway soon, so go there and become a follower (let anyone you know who blogs as well to do it also)...I'm going to be giving away an adorable onesie! Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy! I'm just getting over here to look at your blog after you commented on mine. Way cute! And I can't believe that stack of books. That's just crazy. Good luck with school!

    ReplyDelete