Baby Luke turned 39 weeks yesterday and man are we ready to meet this little guy! We are so excited, I hardly think we can even be nervous for the whole labor and delivery part because of our excitement! This will be my last post that I will do without actually having him with me! That is such a great thought! I have nothing new to report, I think I got way too overly excited about our 36th week visit and then at our 37th week visit I had made good change. The doctor told me I was a tight 2cm and 75% effaced. So here we thought things were moving at a great pace. Unfortunately the 38 week appointment came with no change... hard to accept that. I instantly tried to do more, to stay busy etc. Thinking this would help, I was again disappointed at our appointment on monday when the doctor did not say 3cm. I am now a soft 2+ (or 2 1/2)cm and 80% effaced. The good news is I saw in my chart that she wrote 2+/80/-1 to most this may not mean a lot but my time in working in Labor and Delivery I recognized this immediately and was so excited. that -1 means baby Luke is down a great deal!!!
With the little progress I am determined to help in any way I can. I took a pretty good walk by myself on tuesday and stayed active the entire day. If the weather would have been nicer I would have tried to take another walk, instead I did laundry, including carrying the basket upstairs.
I am so ready, I have everything done that I wanted to before Luke arrived. Keven took me out on Saturday for our last date without having a baby to have or worry about. It was great! I finished Luke's blanket like 2 weeks ago, but just tonight took pictures of it to share. I also completed a pinterest project that I have wanted to do. This is officially the first thing I have actually done from that website! Unfortunately it will be a work in progress. I have been saving toilet paper rolls ever since I saw the pin, and I used them all... so I will be adding to this decor as time goes on. I have all of Luke's hand me down clothes washed and put away. The house has been cleaned real good. I have a few more dinner ideas, and a little over a half gallon of milk.... lol so I am hoping he comes before I have to go to the grocery store again. My mom who I love promised that she will do the grocery shopping for me when she is here, along with cooking and cleaning. Needless to say I am so excited to have Luke here not only to see him, but to have my mom here!
Anyway, doing this blog is officially the last thing I wanted to do before his arrival. But a wise friend told me today to expect Luke to come late, so that is what I am trying to do... it is hard though. But I am a planner and like to have things done early anyway. So with my bag packed and ready to go, I leave you with the last pictures of big ol me with big baby Luke in my belly (oh yeah forgot to mention the DR said he felt about upper 7lbs) pictures of my crochet blanket that took over 4 months to complete, and my pinterest project! ENJOY!!! Can't wait unitl my next post to show off precious baby Luke!!! (Can you tell I am a little excited!!!) ;)
I sure hope he comes on time for you! I remember dusting/oiling the wood and scrubbing the floor before Meg was born. I was already overdue and in my head I was begging, "Can this please be the LAST time I do this for a while?"
ReplyDeleteHey, any tips on the TP flowers? I have a whole drawer saved as well and can't wait to try it, but I'm nervous it isn't as easy as it looks. Yours looks awesome!