So we finally got our big ultrasound to see our baby and see if we could break out the baby girl stuff we had already.... We thought for sure this baby was a girl... So when the ultrasound tech said "and here are the legs and it's a boy" We were a bit shocked. She didn't even give any warning, she just said it like it was so obvious. Which later in the ultrasound it was as we got a clear picture. I would be lying if I said I didn't loose a tear or two. You see we were given a ton of girl things from Keven's sister, all really cute and some things brand new. So we thought it would be perfect to have a girl and already have a lot of stuff. We had our thoughts too much on wanting a girl... which was not healthy for me... But I think it was more shock, of course we are NOT disappointed! We really didn't care either way (girl things are just cuter) My poor boy will one day hear this story, and Daddy will explain his emotional Mommy and our dear boy will understand. Keven is so excited for a sports buddy, and all the fun boy toys! Keven now says I am out numbered, which I responded by saying "That means I am gonna need a lot more pampering!" I am so excited for my little buddy! So far he seems to be pretty mellow. He doesn't really move a ton. In the ultrasound he like to just lay on his belly and seemed so content. The tech kept jabbing my stomach to try and get him to move, and he did kick out his legs which is how we got this fantastic picture of his skinny long legs (just like daddy's... I mean it.. the picture is a mini version of Keven's legs)
So now I am trying to come up with cute little boy things that I can do, which of course don't cost money since we have none. I am trying to decide on what to do about the nursery.. I found really cute frog bedding, but I don't know if that is too baby-ish for when he goes to a toddler bed. Boys are fun though, I just hope my little man stays mellow. Probably not that lucky... Anyway, we are SO EXCITED!!!
And I know you are wondering names... we are trying to decided between Kaiden and Luke.
Update on Keven, his school is going well. He is very busy studying, but at least he is home to study and he isn't gone all day. We are in a groove here finally.
Update on me... I go walking with a bunch of girls daily (it is a good 3-4 mile walk, including a really steep hill) then I clean, cook, talk to my mom, and have the occasional nap. I somehow keep busy everyday, but I can never really remember what I do each day. Oh but I have started to crochet a baby blanket. I started doing it during conference and I am getting better. I think I can actually finish it. It is going to be plain white but so soft. It would have had these multi colored squares (which I have 10 done) but we decided it is too girlie looking.
Well again we are excited for our announcement of our baby boy!! We already love him so much! Enjoy the cute little profile pictures and the picture of his cute legs!! (We decided the manhood picture wasn't something we wanted posted on the internet...lol)


No comments:
Post a Comment