Friday, September 23, 2011

Baby update... and some adventures in Philly

It has officially been a month (last week) since we left Utah. It feels like we have already been here forever. We got called two weeks ago (our second actual Sunday at church) to be nursery workers, which we love being in the nursery. I am now thinking though that my pregnant body isn't able to keep up as well as I should. I am so exhausted on Sundays, plus I forget to eat, which is not good. Soon I am gonna just sit with the kids for snack time. Oh on the baby note I have popped! All the women here never saw what I looked like before I was pregnant so I have been trying to convince them for weeks now that I am definitely big... but as of this week I have grown enough that everyone tells me I look pregnant! I am so glad, because I am felling pretty big. My pants are now to the awkward stage of having to undo the button by the end of the day. I have got a belly band that I have ready for the day when my pants won't zip up.
Other great baby news I felt the baby move!!!! Little flutters after a big dinner... I hadn't been feeling well that day, so I had neglected feeding myself and I guess our dear baby was starving and after dinner had some energy to be kicking about. Keven can't wait for the day when he can feel it. He said "Oh I wanna feel it." So cute!

This monday we spent hours in the medicaid office to finally get everything worked out so that we could be accepted. We did it and now have insurance. So I have my first appointment on monday, which I will be 19 weeks along. I hear that at your first appointment the doctor does an ultrasound, so we are hoping to find out what the baby is next week!!! We are so excited to be able to finally say "he or she" instead of "it".

One funny story I have to tell... while we were at the medicaid office we were sitting with another couple from our ward in the first row of chairs. We were the only white people in the place. and our husbands were still in the scrubs that they have to wear to school each day...well, there was a crazy guy that we overheard... he kept saying zoo animals so we listened closer. This man said "They come from there fancy catholic schools to come watch us like we are zoo animals, they observe us like we are zoo animals! Then they go back to their suburban billion dollar houses, which they inherited." he kept saying these things for awhile and then he started saying things like "And they'll be the first ones to kill ya, they'll kill a black man. You go to their hospitals and they'll kill ya. They'll do experiments on you and then kill ya." He kept saying "am I right" to others around him.

So here I am thinking "Oh man this guy is gonna come after us!" But the people in the office actually threw the guy out and the head lady came and apologized, she said "I wanna apologize, I don't know what for, but I guess I wanna apologize for...(pause) my race."
And when we were on our way home Keven said did you hear the lady in the back say "You're acting like a zoo animal" to the guy...

Haha this was our first real grand funny experience in Philly. I know you can't hear my impersonation, which is too bad... it is pretty good.

Anyway for my birthday we went to Ocean City, NJ to the beach!! My favorite place! Then went for pizza, which is my favorite thing to eat!

Then a week later I got the opportunity to go with the relief society to the Washington DC temple. The trip out there was miserable, because I got real car sick (to the point of pulling the car over, which was embarrassing) but oh how I love to see the temple! The DC temple is so pretty!

Here are some pictures for your entertainment! Enjoy





The bridge from NJ to PA... city line.




Our newest friends Mike and Chirstie (It was Mike's B-day too!)





My belly picture is coming... I have to have some kind of picture to go with the news next week... now look forward to next weeks post!!! I know I am excited to announce!

2 comments:

  1. Wow you might could do some bad black-mail with that picture of me!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it looks like you are having fun and funny experiences!! I love & miss you!

    ReplyDelete