Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Too much to tell!!!

Okay so I wanted the title of my post to be...

What has two pink lines and gives you a heart attack???

... Because I am pregnant! We found out June 30th, but wanted to wait and tell everyone unitl around my 9th week, after my first appointment and everything. I was going to wait until that post to also tell you about Keven taking the DAT again. He did amazing this time! He got a 22 which was the 96th percentile in the nation. We were so happy! I am so proud of him!

So with our news we were thinking, oh this is why Keven didn't get into school, because we were supposed to stay here and have a baby. We were getting thrilled with the idea of staying close to family for a year and saving so we could buy nice things when we did move out of state next year. We had also decided that if Keven got accepted to a school in Arizona, that that is where we would go. We were even looking at houses there.

Well three weeks ago, Keven received a phone call from Temple University in Philadelphia. (He had already been denied to this school) Well the school saw his new fantastic score and they had one open spot to fill. And for some reason they decided to not take anyone from their alternate list, but see if Keven wanted it. So we quickly bought a very expensive last minute plane ticket and got Keven to Philly. His interview went great! After the interview he was able to go with another student to go look at apartments, where a lot of the students live. Keven got to see 4 different places, but really liked the town homes that everyone said was "the most desired place to live, and there were never openings." Keven was sent his acceptance a few hours after his interview!!! As soon as Keven was home we overnighted our application for the town house. A few days later we found out we got the place, and I was finally able to see some pictures of the place. It is nothing fancy, 2 bedrooms, one bath. In Philly though, a lot of the apartments don't have dishwashers, garbage disposals, central air, and definitely not a washer and dry in your unit. But this place has all of the above!! Even with the washer and dryer in the unit, meaning we don't have to buy one! I am excited!

Everything has really worked out for the best! We feel so overwhelmingly blessed! We are sad to be leaving, especially so soon, and with me being pregnant... but we look forward to this great adventure!

I will be updating a lot more often... well I hope!!! I have made promises to anyway.

PS. We had my second doctors visit this week, baby is doing great! I have got a tiny baby belly starting to form, which doesn't make me too happy, but it makes it a bit more real for Keven. I personally just feel fat! I haven't gained very much weight, 3 lbs in the first trimester, so hope I can continue to do good.

Anyway here are the pictures of Keven's great score and my two pink line heart attack! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment