Saturday, June 11, 2011

You can call me Nurse!

Well this past month has been a rocky road. I have a lot to catch up on. First of all Keven and I did graduate. Both of our days were fantastic! It was so much fun to be a part of the entire graduation process for myself and Keven. The speakers were not even all that boring... ok some of them weren't...





After graduation... I had to take my nursing boards and Keven is on the waiting list of two schools... so Keven has decided to reapply to Dental Schools and take the admission test again. So... We had to study... in order for me to really study I had to quit my awesome job that I loved! and we moved in with my parents...


These are my awesome co-workers... wish they would have paid me as much as a nurse. I would have stayed!

Before we moved though Keven and I had always wanted to do this awesome hike in Layton, so the Saturday before we moved we did the hike. We had just sat down at the waterfall that we hiked to, when a teenage kid had blood dripping down his head. Keven told everyone that I was a nurse and could help him... So I had my first experience being a nurse. It really was not that bad, heads always look worse than they really are. But I felt very unsanitary because I had to touch his blood and stuff. So now I am determined to always have a backpack with all sorts of the things I will ever need for instances like that. Overall I thought it was a neat experience. The whole way down the mountain Keven was asking me "What would you have done if..." questions.





So we moved to my parents. We fit there quite nicely. (We are only here for a few months though..) My mom has been exceptional. Keven and I spent all day (minus a afternoon break) at her kitchen table studying our hearts out. And she cooked for us and really did so much for us. Now that I am done, I probably need to help out, even though my cooking isn't half as good. Keven might gain some weight living here. He gets meat everyday... lol and desserts!!! (crap I am probably gaining weight too!!)

Anyway, over memorial weekend we went to Hanna, UT for our annual cabin experience with family and friends. We had a blast! Even if it rained most of the time and I had to spend a lot of time with my nose in my books. It was great!

After Hanna Keven and I get a nasty sinus infection, that I am still fighting. It was awful but I tried to not let it interrupt my studying. This last monday (the monday before my test. My test was thursday June 9th) my throat started to ache... it kept getting worse. Wednesday night (night before the big day) I felt awful!! For the first time I took a look at my throat. It looked awful, google a picture of strep throat and that is what it looked like. So here I was the night before my test feeling like a train ran me over, a throat that felt like a someone was me stabbing me every time I swallowed and I was having anxiety attacks. Off to the insta-care we went, with no insurance. Got some antibiotics after hours and went home to have my awesome husband heal me with real power. The priesthood power is amazing. My anxiety left, the sore throat didn't. But I felt ok, even after not sleeping well at all, I felt confident and I have to say I felt really good while I was in that testing center. This test is not like any other test. You don't have to get so many right or wrong. It is different for everyone. You can have between 75-265 questions... The computer shuts the test off when it is confident that you either can't pass or you did. So I got to question 75 and it shut off!!! I knew that was a good sign, cause that either meant I was dumb or really smart... lol I at least know I am not dumb. I officially found out today though that I really did pass. Awesome!!!



I am now celebrating. I already read two book and started a new one. :) My antibiotics finally kicked in and I am starting to feel somewhat normal (well back to normal... we all know I can't get really normal) My throat looks terrible still, but at least I can swallow.

Now we are just waiting.. Either I will get a job and we will move to wherever that is, or Keven will get accepted. We are thinking most likely I will be getting a job. Keven has already applied again to Dental Schools. This time 14 of them. And some are a lot cooler places such as, New York, Boston, Oregon, and 2 in Arizona. So if not in a few months, I know we will be going away next year!! Keven is working so hard to do really well on his test and his application is already completed, so he is ahead of the game. :) We are happy and optimistic about our future!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ah! A wonderful post that actuallys talks about what you guys are up to! So exciting to hear. Congrats on your wonderful accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! That nursing test is huge! You must have aced it! Enjoy the care free days of living with family. It has pros and cons, but a definite perk is the time you don't have to spend cleaning, fixing things, cooking all alone, etc. Good luck to Keven!

    ReplyDelete