Monday, February 28, 2011

Alright, alright...

This weekend I was able to hangout with my best friend and her adorable little family, as we sat eating dinner she had to tell me that I HAD to blog. She said that she could tell me now because she was actually doing it and she wouldn't be a hypocrite. So here you go Mand.. I am doing it finally.

This semester has been literally nuts. I am working over 30 hours each week, writing an endless amount of papers, studying for tests, and trying to keep my sanity. I am happy to say that now I only have less than 2 months to go! I graduate April 22nd, and I could not be happier about that fact! (well unless it was sooner... lol) This next week I will be doing my preceptorship. Which is where I basically take over a nurses shift, but she is there just in case. So, I get to work 36-50 hours each week without getting paid, try to work 10-15 hours at my job, and keep up with homework... Is there any room for sanity? There will have to be!

No really I am so excited to have this experience. I am not trying to be negative and complain...

I think the true reason for not blogging is that I have been wanting something great to happen. To share some good news... You know like... Keven got into dental school!! or I'm pregnant!!! or I won a million dollars!!!

Okay, not really any of those things except the dental school one. Keven got denied to Florida in December, which was so so SO sad... but with faith we moved forward. Keven had another interview in Ohio in January and we received a letter just this weekend saying that he was on "HOLD" so basically on a waiting list. We are being taught a lesson on patience for sure.

Everything is good, I just need to continually count my blessings, because I have SO many! I am the luckiest girl to be married to Keven. While I have been over the top busy he has taken over all the household duties ie cooking, cleaning, laundry. You name it. He has been so great. He offers back rubs at just the hint that my body hurts. He is amazing. We have a wonderful family who really supports and loves Keven and I. We have a great calling to teach the sunbeams. Although, it is really hard sometimes they really do bless our lives. The list goes on and on...

I want to share a story that is outdated but I should have shared it awhile ago... It is our Christmas miracle... In December, Keven and I were having a pretty rough time. Not serious, just disappointments, no money for Christmas, etc. Well one day I was at my mom's and she said "looks like you got a Christmas card" So I open the mail and sure enough it was a Christmas card. With no return address. I open it up and a $100 bill drops out. The card said "MERRY CHRISTMAS" and that was it. Amazing huh? Well keep reading it gets better. Well a week or two later I come home and there is a envelope on the counter with Kevin and Amy (notice Keven is spelt wrong) printed on it. It was hand delivered. Inside was a Christmas card again but with bills adding up to $180. Nothing was written in the card. We have no idea where this money came from but we were sure blessed.

This story continues to help me. Right now in times that I just keep thinking life is hard, and what if Keven doesn't get into school, what if I can't find a job... I just remember this and think...

I am loved. I have a heavenly father that is watching out for me. He knows me and loves me. He knows what is best for me and my family. He will give me the things that I need in just the right time.

Oh life is great!

This post looks boring so I will update you will a bit of pictures from since I posted last....that was a long time ago!


(I did the whole cake all by myself!!!)


(Ice skating with Callie and her hubby Terron)


(Temple Square with the Freemans)


(Mike and Keven playing with their guns)

5 comments:

  1. I agree with your friend and am so glad you blogged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also so happy to see a post from you!

    Good job on the cake, though I don't know why you'd want to make one look like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to see you post!! Good job on the cake:) sorry we missed you :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! See don't you just feel better after posting? Oh, I love your cake it looks awesome! It must be in the Honsvick blood! :)Thanks for always being so positive Ame! Heavely Father loves you and everything will work out just the way it's suppose to! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you guys! I think I will post again soon!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete