Friday, November 5, 2010

This and That... Bonus FLORIDA trip

First of all GO UTES!!! I have to say that because the BIG game is on tomorrow and I had these pictures.


Here are some of my cute nieces and nephews! The little Lady Bugs are my favorite!!




If you can't tell Keven's pumpkin is the "U" again this year!!
Well halloween is over and you know what that means... school is out in a little over a month.... and then I have one more semester!!!!! :)

Anyway, now to the fun stuff... Keven had an interview with NOVA University in FT. Lauderdale FLorida on the 15th of October. He had his flight booked for months. I wanted to go SO bad, but we knew we couldn't afford it. Keven wanted me to go with him too. We were discussing just buying a ticket, but you know me and the penny pincher I am. Well it turned out just a few weeks before his interview, my brother Jeff was getting married. Well as I was talking to some of my favorite people, I happened to mention I wasn't going to be able to go with Keven to his interview... and then I get offered a free ticket from them!!! Ahhh, you have no idea how HAPPY that made me! This meant flying all alone across the country, but I was up to the challenge! So I planned out our two day trip... Spend all thursday flying to Florida. Keven's interview was friday, and I planned to spend every minute on the beach. Then saturday another full day flight home! It went as planned and even better!! The place we stayed at was thankfully clean, but let me tell you it was no hilton. lol (only $40/night) Good part it was across the street from a beautiful beach! Keven's interview went really well. He felt like it couldn't have gone any better! He was also really impressed with the school, so this is the school we want!! Let me say one thing... Florida beaches are SO much nicer compared to California. I could walk into the "warm" water clear out to my neck and still see my feet! I played in the water by myself and then with Keven when he was done. Only after a shower did I realize I was a lobster. Only after eating dinner and walking down the tourist area did I realize that so much sun was going to make me ill (which I did at 2am). (By the way we had the best dinner ever!! I could only eat a third of my pasta.. :( still tasted good coming back up... haha JK!
Anyway, we were so sad to leave, but we had the best time!!! As you can see from the pictures, we loved it and hope to be seeing it again real soon!!!





That is our hotel...
Here is the beach...



Here is Keven's future school... (We hope!!)




Our Awesome Friday Night...




And our goodbye sunrise...



A great short trip!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck to Kevin and I love the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say that I'm sad Utah lost tonight. "I'm a Utah fan now because they know how to pull out the win when it really matters." I believe it was Cory Warnick who actuallly told me that, but Keven's statement was pretty similar. Playing #3 TCU would have been a good time to win ;) (Yes, I know I don't have much ground to stand on this year, but it wasn't ME who said such things!)

    Florida seems WONDERFUL! Jeremy says it's a great place to live because so many good cruises go out from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun memories! I loved (and long for again) the trips Mark and I took before Courtney came along. :)

    Megan LOVES that one of the ladybugs in your Halloween pictures looks exactly like she did! She borrowed from her friend what she called the "chubby ladybug" costume. So cute!

    ReplyDelete