Sorry I have taken so long to post! I have been waiting for us to get a new camera so that I could have pictures to go along with everything we have been up to this summer.
Well this first thing is we successfully moved to Layton. We are living with Keven's Aunt and Uncle. To be honest I wasn't absolutely thrilled about the idea. But with Keven not working and no real income, the idea of FREE rent, utilities, and cable/internet sounded too great to pass up. The living arrangement has turned out to be great! We really feel at home here. Well except when someone comes to the door for us, cause we don't have our own entry, so it becomes kind of awkward. We truly are blessed to have such a great aunt! I will hopefully get pictures soon of our new abode! (hopefully)
The next great thing is that I got a job. It is only part time but I will be able to work while going to school. I am a rehab aide in a Physical Therapy office. I take patients through all their exercises and stretches before the therapist works with them. It is great! I am learning a lot and the people I work with are great!! There is no office drama... I know crazy right! but really there is none! I love it! When school starts I will be working 20 hours or a little less, so it won't be bad. Well that is what I keep telling myself!
Now for some really great news.... Keven finished his applications for Dental Schools and he has already received one invitation from a dental school. It is Nova University in Ft. Lauderdale Florida! His interview is the 15th of October. I might be able to fly out with him for the weekend. So we are so excited!!
Keven finished up his nasty summer school semester which was a years worth of physics crammed into the summer. He did well and is now enjoying life before school starts all over again. I think he will love not working while going to school!
We did have a really sad thing happen in our family just last week. Keven's oldest brothers wife lost her baby who was 9lbs and full term. So we attended the funeral this week for baby Seth. It was the saddest thing. I am so grateful for forever families! For my knowledge that this baby is blessed and will be raised by his mother in much better circumstances! Oh but even with this knowledge seeing the tiny white casket was so hard. It was even harder to see baby Seth in photos and know his spirit was already long gone. Anyway, I hope I never have to go through something like that, but if I do, I hope I will handle it as well as keven's brother has.
This summer has been great, we are sad that it is coming to a close. We feel like we haven't done all that we wanted to. We have been able to be with our families lots and we have gone four-wheeling and boating, which we love doing! One thing I have done through the summer is I have been running with Keven's aunt. We would do about 4 miles 3-4 times a week. Until last week anyway, until my knee gave up. So I found out that my patella isn't securely in place so when I run the big muscles on the outside of my leg push it inward causing a lot of pain. So I am trying to strengthen the inside of my leg so that I can get back to running before the long nights and nice weather end. I love the feeling that I am doing my body good. I have already seen a difference. Not a ton of weight loss, but I see things toning and that is what I want!
Anyway, This is about it. Hope to get pictures soon!
So good to hear an update! Love you, miss you!
ReplyDelete