Friday, October 23, 2009

Update!

Wow these past months have flown by!!! I am so glad that this semester is winding down! I love nursing school, but for some reason it completely wears me out!!! I am tired all the time. The most exciting thing I have done so far, was seeing an open heart surgery!!! I got to see everything from the foot of the bed!! WAY COOL! I also can now put in a cathater! fun huh?

I am also very busy with church because I got a new calling, I am in the young women's presidency! I love it! We are having so much fun! I absolutely love our young women, and the women I get to work with! I am really going to learn a lot from them.

Recently I think I have been getting mild acute anxiety attacks. This sunday I went to bed early, because I have to get up at 3 am. As I tried to fall asleep I felt as though an elephant were sitting on my chest, and it was impossible to get to sleep. I luckily have a wonderful husband who holds the priesthood and gave me a blessing, after which I finally fell asleep. It happened the next night for a bit too. I just hope it doesn't happen anymore.. it was scary!

More exciting news... I cut my hair! It was much shorter than I had ever thought that she would cut it. It has taken awhile to get use to, but I think I like it. Honestly I hate hair cuts, but I hate my hair being gross and dead. I want a magical trick to relieve my poor hair from split ends. If you know me well, you know I have an addiction to pickying things and my poor hair gets the worst of it. But it is pretty and healthy now and I get to use less shampoo!

Keven and I have been enjoying some of our time (we try not to study ALL the time). The weekend of conference during the priesthood session I went with my friend Amber and her son Carter to Gardner Village to see the witches! Last week we were able to go to the temple with out friends Glenn and Amber. I got to see my mom and dad in the temple which was really neat (they are new workers! ) Then on saturday we went to a pumpkin patch and picked out a pumpkin to carve. Keven came up with a great design and it looked really need except for the fact that our pumpkin rotted within a day!
Here are some pictures!

Our pumpkin that died!
Cute Carter

Our pumpkin Replacements! We made them at YM and YW combined activity!

My new short hair! Keven liked this pic best. He said my neck was poking out too much in the others!! haha

4 comments:

  1. Your hair looks ADORABLE!!! I LOVE your bangs!!! I thought you guys liked the U?!?!?! You probably shouldn't put them next to a pumpkin that says "BOO!" LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I don't know if the recipient of the catheter would find it fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was fun!! Cute pictures by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hair! Seeing an open heart surgery...wow! Love the Ute Pumpkin! Miss you! Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete