Sunday, November 10, 2013
May 2013-- Just found this draft
Well I am going to add this in now that I saw that I had already written a post on May and it had lots of details I forgot... go figure :)
May was a crazy month... The month started off with a picnic for the senior dental students and other friends who were leaving Philadelphia for greater things! I still cannot believe it has been a year since the one last year. Then I was asked to meet with the Bishop, figured it was a new calling, but was not expecting to get called to be RS President. Talk about overwhelming. Seriously I cried a lot. I really didn't think I could do a calling like that, I mean I have barely had any time in Relief Society at all. I have been in Primary and Young Women's since we got married 5 years ago... Anyway, so I accepted the calling knowing that with the Lord all things are possible. I had several weeks of keeping this a secret, too.
During those weeks I had to prepare for Keven's parents arrival. They were coming into town for Keven's White Coat Ceremony and staying for almost two weeks.
We had a lot of fun with the grandparents. Luke loved playing with them, as long as I was in the same room. He is super clingy to his momma, which Momma wishes he would get over. We went to Keven's white coat ceremony. I wish we would have left Luke with a babysitter, he made it next to impossible for me to enjoy. Come to think of it Luke was extra clingy, not as happy the entire month of May. Maybe he was sick and we never knew. Anyway, we also went shopping, we went to the zoo, and we had an awesome trip to NYC. Luke surprised us by being amazing the entire day in NYC. It was a really fun day. It was fun to show it to Keven's parents. The day we took our trip happened to be May 17th, our Anniversary (Our 5 year!!!) So we kind of celebrated our anniversary in New York, we just had the kid and grandparent with us too :) so much for celebrating, we know. We made a promise to celebrate big on our 10th. We are too frugal to do too much. A trip to NY was enough for me. We were able to see the 9/11 Memorial and the Statue of Liberty this time, which was so fun. We were completely exhausted by the end of the day, although I have to say it was way easier to not have a big pregnant belly.
I was sustained RS Pres the day before Keven's parents left. Keven's parents left Monday, and Luke and I flew to Utah on Thursday. I had only a couple days to get us ready, clean and put our house together, and have several meetings. It was so busy.
Luke and I almost missed our flight out of Philly, we literally were the last ones on the flight, and they had to open the gate door back up for us (we were so lucky) Tender mercies from the Lord for sure. I love it when there is proof of good people in the world. We went to Utah in order to see our families of course, but mostly to see my younger sister, Callie's new baby Ellie. We stayed for 12 days. It was hard for Luke to be away from his Daddy. He was really good to give everyone big kisses (right on the mouth a lot of the time) but when it came to hugging or someone else holding him... he wouldn't have it. Luke is still super jealous, he wasn't found of me holding any of his younger cousins, but by the end he let me hold little Ellie for a little bit. We didn't do anything but hangout with family and friends practically everyday, which was so fun!
The best thing that happened while we were home... Luke realized that he could walk. He has been such a good stable walker for so long, but one day he just stood up and walked all over! It was so exciting to see. Luke is such a big boy, but with him crawling I still felt like he was a baby. No more a baby... We have a toddler, a sweet little boy with a big personality.
That is how we ended the month of May in Utah with our family and a new little walking Luke!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment