Saturday, February 9, 2013

Thanksgiving 2012

I have decided blogging gets harder the older Luke gets, and the more busy Keven is. Second year of Dental School is living up to the expectation of being very time consuming and very difficult. So I have to back up and try to hurry and catch this blog up. I need to try and remember things too, the holidays feel like a long time ago. So here is my best shot at catching you up we will start with Thanksgiving. Here are a few pictures we took before the Thanksgiving: Fall family pictures
Also a little before thanksgiving Luke got his very first haircut. I just cut the mop on top of his head so that we could style it. He was so good. He sat there playing with our keys the whole time. After he looked so handsome.
Thanksgiving: Thanksgiving this year was a lot of fun! I spent the morning finishing up pies and making rolls, while Keven was out playing football and Luke was napping. Luke made making rolls a lot harder this year. I was forgetful... I let them rise TOO much so they unrolled. Then after baking them I forgot to cover them so they got kind of hard. They were ok, just not the best. I do have to say my pies turned out better than last year, they were so yummy! We got together with several of our friends for dinner and games after. Luke enjoyed his first thanksgiving. He played with some toys, and sat on the floor and our laps. Sounds exciting I know. He felt really special to have mom give him a little bit of yams and mashed potatoes. Our thanksgiving dinner was better then any other thanksgiving I have ever had (sorry mom). I think this was the case because there were a lot more vegetables and things that a non-turkey eater likes :) After dinner with our friends we played catch phrase until Luke had had it, he wanted to go home and go to bed. Luke likes his early bedtime, always has and I hope he always will (doubt I will be that lucky though..) We came home and quickly skyped Keven's family before Luke really had enough. Thanksgiving 2012 was memorable and we thought it was less hard this year. Last year we really felt lonely and missed our family a lot. But this year we felt like we were with good friends and really enjoyed ourselves. We still missed our families but it was bearable. Here are a few pictures of our fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment