Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Yay for 2012

Keven and I had a good Christmas. It was pretty weird to spend Christmas so far from family. We spent the day on the computer with our families though, trying to feel a part of the celebrating. It was definitely not the same. We did have a good christmas though, especially because of special Christmas packages we received in the mail. :)

The one thing we did get that will be our gift for several years was a new SLR camera. We wanted one to be able to take great pics of Luke! We got a great deal on it, and couldn't pass it up.
Luke's new play mates
My new PJs and Look how Luke has grown!

Keven and I are so happy for the new year though... Because this year we get to welcome Luke to our family!!! We are getting so excited! I had my 34 week check up yesterday, and everything looks great. Only 6 more weeks... that number seems so small. Over Christmas break we did accomplish one major thing which was making Luke's room into a room, it used to look like a storage, clutter space. No organization, and lots of stuff that wasn't supposed to be there. So now it looks like an adorable little boys room.
Take a look!




Also each new year brings us to celebrate Keven's birthday! This will be his last year in the 20s! We didn't do much, but of course there had to be cake! Take a look also at the better picture quality (taken with our new camera)






What would my first blog of 2012 be without declaring some new years resolutions? Here are some of mine:

1. Finish Luke's blanket (I am getting closer, and yes this goal is to be completed before luke is here :)
2. Thinking ahead... Loose the baby weight before our trip home this summer...
3. read the whole ensign each month
4. start FHE, really try to do it.... This is one of mine each year, so hard!!
5. Visit the Temple with Keven at least 3 times this year (Ok it is really hard to go while living out here. 3 hours to get to the temple... This is something I miss terribly about Utah! Plus we will have a baby this year, extra challenges)
6. Make an actual missionary effort.
7. Learn to make an irresistible new meal (so i have to find one too)
8. Stay good at updating this blog, especially with pictures of the baby!
9. Find individual ways of letting my loved ones know how much I love and appreciate them.
10. Read 5 books on the gospel (different than scripture studies)

This list looks long, but I am up to the challenge! :) Yay for new years and new beginnings! Last year was a great and hard year, and I expect this year will have challenges, but be filled with love and excitement too!

A few pictures of Keven playing dentist with a playdough set he got for Christmas! Thanks Rach! :)



4 comments:

  1. What a fun post!! I love all the pics:) Keven looks so happy in some of them;)Luke's room looks so cute! 6 weeks is so close! I'm so excited to hear about his birth, I know it will be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nursery is adorable! You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CANNOT believe you are 34 weeks! That is so crazy to me! You are a darling pregnant woman. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a post! We have a favorite new recipe....do you eat chicken?

    ReplyDelete