I thought that I would stay so caught up on blogging, since I don't have a job or a baby outside of my stomach, but somehow I have been staying very busy. November flew by so fast. It started out with a great trip home to Utah for my big brother Doug's wedding. It was such a beautiful wedding and their reception was one of a kind! My brother Jeff. I love this picture of us.
The cake made by my parents! It took my mom forever to figure out how to do this, but it turned out awesome!
As you can see this was no normal reception. It was so much fun! I was able to see so many good friends and family on this trip home. It was so worth it! Plus while I was home my family and Keven's family threw me baby showers. It was an eventful but wonderful trip. Baby Luke did not enjoy the flights though. He kicked clear across the country from PA to UT and then again from UT to PA. It was so fun though to have him be active and allow family to feel him too! We did miss Keven though, so we were excited to go home, even if it was just to see him.
As soon as I got settled back home it seemed like Thanksgiving was right around the corner. We had been invited to spend thanksgiving with some friends of ours. I volunteered myself to make the two things that I love especially on Thanksgiving... Grandma's homemade rolls, and 5 delicious pies. I had never made rolls before, and had only made a chocolate pie one time. I didn't realize I had given myself such a hard task. But after an entire day and a half in the kitchen I had complete success!! Everything turned out just like my mom's, which I thought was next to impossible. It gave me hope that "yes one day I can grow up to be just like my mom". Here is a picture of my creations and my new friends enjoying our yummy dinner.
So now I am 30 weeks! Crazy, only 10 more to go! We are so excited to meet our little man. He has already been such a joy, and we can't even see or touch him yet. Luke already has a special connection with his daddy. He love to react when Keven comes home and talks to him. I can tell they are going to be best buds! Luke's big kicks are now not so much kicks, he is running out of room I think. Now I get portions of his body poking out and I get to watch my stomach deform with his movements. I am now getting heartburn less, but my pelvis is shifting, so walking and sleeping are getting uncomfortable. Plus my ribs are painfully seperating, this has been going on for over a month now, and it is only getting worse. I hope they don't expand anymore, because I already bought two new bras and I cannot afford anymore. :)
Right now I am fighting a nasty cold that has been not fun for a week now... we are hoping it goes away any day now... please please... it is hard
enough to breathe without the congestion. Keven is finishing his finals this week. YAY!!! He is doing so well. He is one smart man! We are excited to have him done so we can do some fun christmas things together! We unfortunately cannot go home for Christmas, but are grateful for Skype and will be on there the majority of the day!
I hope to post again real soon...with yes an updated picture of the belly, which by the way is getting pretty huge. :)
It was so good to see you when you were here! We went to dinner with the Langs and I kept wondering why you guys didn't come:( Miss you friend!
ReplyDelete